For the 6th year running, there will be a Junior Club Championship.
The championship will run from January until mid-October and will consist of a series of 20
fell-races. Several of these will also be on the senior championship list.
The objective is to get juniors out there competing – and hopefully enjoying themselves as well !!
Rules and scoring for the championship
We can’t split age-groups for juniors as these vary from race to race, so there will just be a boys championship and a girls championship.
Scoring System (amended slightly this year)
- 10 pts for starting a race
- 1 bonus point for finishing
- 1 bonus point for being in top 3/4 of either the boys or girls in your race
- 1 bonus points for being in top half of either the boys or girls in your race
- 1 bonus point for finishing in the top 1/4 of the boys or girls or boys in your race
- 1 bonus point for finishing in the top 3 girls or boys in your race
(so maximum points for a race is 15)
Please note this amendment to rules : if there are a small number of boys or girls in any race (3 or less), scoring will be as follows;
- just 1 runner – 13 points will be awarded
- just 2 runners – 1st will get 14pts, 2nd will get 12
- just 3 runners – 1st = 14 pts, 2nd = 13pts, 3rd = 12pts
You can run any number of the races, but if you run more than 6, your best scoring 6 will count for the championship.
There will be a prize-giving at the end of season – So get out there competing as points mean prizes !
The provisional schedule for the 2018 championships can be downloaded here Settle Harriers Junior Championship Races 2018
A summary is given below
Junior Championship Races 2018
|1||Sun 21 Jan||Giggleswick KWL|
|2||Sun 4 Feb||Birkrigg Common KWL|
|3||Sun 25th Feb||Sedbergh School KWL|
|4||Sun 4 Mar||Cunswick KWL|
|5||Sun 25 Mar||Helm Hill KWL|
|6||Sun 8 April||Elterwater Common KWL|
|7||Sat 14 April||Blacko Hill (FRA junior Chanpionships Race)|
|8||Mon 7 May||Wray Caton Moor|
|9||Tues 8 May||Jack Bloor Races, Ilkley|
|10||Sat 19 May||Malham Kirkby (FRA Junior Champs)|
|11||Sat 26 May||Hutton Roof Crags|
|12||Mon 28 May||Austwick Amble|
|13||Thurs 31 May||Killington Sports|
|14||Sat 9 June||Lowgill Sports BOFRA|
|15||Sat 16 June||Clougha Pike (FRA Junior Championships)|
|16||Sat 30 June||Kirkby Gala BOFRA|
|17||Sun 22 July||Cracoe BOFRA|
|18||Sun 2 Sept||Burnsall BOFRA|
|19||Sun 16 Sept||Embsay BOFRA|
|20||Sun 7 Oct||Withins Skyline / Curly Wurly Rat Runs|